“BP Struggles to Repair Its Tarnished Reputation” (located in textbook appendix)
After reading, reviewing and analyzing the case study write a paper on the sustainability and marketing strategies of BP. Within your paper be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Evaluate BP’s efforts to improve sustainability and its reputation prior to the Deepwater Horizon disaster. Was the company on the right track? Why or why not?
2. Because most BP products can be viewed as commodities, do you think that considers will avoid purchasing from BP because of its track record and the Deepwater Horizon disaster? Why or why not?
3. How can BP prove to its stakeholders that it is serious about social responsibility, sustainability, and ethics?
4. What strategic issues would you focus on in trying to repair the company’s reputation?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
· Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style (download an APA sample paper from the Purdue OWL here).
· Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
· Include cover page and reference page.
· At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
· No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
· Use an appropriate number of references to support your position, and defend your arguments. The following are examples of primary and secondary sources that may be used, and non-credible and opinion based sources that may not be used.
1. Primary sources such as, government websites (United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, United States Census Bureau, The World Bank, etc.), peer reviewed and scholarly journals in EBSCOhost and Google Scholar.
3. Non-credible and opinion based sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. should not be used.
Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased statements, information, etc.) in the paper and list each source on a reference page using APA style.