Counselor Ethics and Responsibilities Assignment Guidelines
Access and review the “Counselor Ethics and Responsibilities Assignment Guidelines.” Complete the paper according to the assignment guidelines.
Include at least six scholarly resources in addition to the textbook in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.1.b. The multiple professional roles and functions of counselors across specialty areas, and their relationships with human service and integrated behavioral health care systems, including interagency and interorganizational collaboration and consultation.
2.F.1.c. Counselors’ roles and responsibilities as members of interdisciplinary community outreach and emergency management response teams.
2.F.1.d. The role and process of the professional counselor advocating on behalf of the profession.
2.F.1.e. Advocacy processes needed to address institutional and social barriers that impede access, equity, and success for clients.
2.F.1.l. Self-care strategies appropriate to the counselor role.
5.C.2.a. Roles and settings of clinical mental health counselors
Please let me know if you have any questions. It is also based on a textbook that I am suppose to cite and use. I am not sure how to give you access to this as I access it online.
Here are some additional links.
1. Achieving a Mental Health Bill of Rights
Read “Achieving a Mental Health Bill of Rights” by Cantor, from Professional Psychology: Research and Practice (1998).
2. Ethical Issues in Addiction Counseling
Read “Ethical Issues in Addiction Counseling” by Scott, from the Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin (2000).
3. Informed Consent to Psychotherapy: Protecting the Dignity and Respecting the Autonomy of Patients
Read “Informed Consent to Psychotherapy: Protecting the Dignity and Respecting the Autonomy of Patients” by Fisher and Oranski, from the Journal of Clinical Psychology (2008).
4. Protecting Confidentiality Rights: The Need for an Ethical Practice Model.
Read “Protecting Confidentiality Rights: The Need for an Ethical Practice Model,” by Fisher, from American Psychologist (2008).
just please read everything I posted. There is a section on self care. Below is what I would incorporate into this. As for the textbook, I can always add on to the paper and cite in one area, however the text book section that applies to this also can be found in other areas. It does say I have to use 6 scholarly resources. APA Code of ethics counts.
- What does the ACA Code of Ethics say about self-care? In APA code
- How do you plan on maintaining a healthy balance between your professional and personal life? by maintaining balance in all areas. Daily exercise, meditation and overall healthy lifestyle.
- What healthy self-care activities have you engaged in in the past or present? exercise and meditation
- What healthy self-care activities have you considered but haven’t yet implemented? mindfulness meditation
- What are some red-flags suggesting that you may need to address personal issues to avoid personal impairment? Currently they are working full time while in grad school, but after I would need to maintain balance of everything or I know I become impaired.
- How do you feel about counselors being counseled?Some programs require it.Do you agree with that concept? Agree, and I would be open to this if I needed it at anytime