you are an analyst providing area assessments for teams conducting business-related travel throughout the United States. You are regularly required to develop visual and written analytic products that provide employees on these trips with critical information about the location of the trip and the surrounding areas.
A trip is coming up for a team to Arlington, Virginia from (18-Sept – 23 Sept). You have been asked to develop an overview product to provide your colleagues with the key information that will assist them with planning their trip and ensuring their ability to complete the trip without incident. The team is expected to keep their travel expenses within U.S. Government per diem rates.
Your colleagues plan to arrive to the area via Reagan International Airport (2401 Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Access Rd, Arlington, VA 22202). Their meetings will be held at a conference center located in Crystal City (2345 Crystal Dr. Arlington, VA 22202). The meetings will be held over the course of several days.
Please provide your analytic assessment in two formats. The first should be a one-slide presentation (MS PowerPoint or similar) and the second should be a one-page written assessment (MS Word or similar).
Source citations for both products should be provided in either the notes section or following the written assessment. The format for the source citations will be at the analyst’s discretion.
Between the two products you must include the following elements:
1. Suitable lodging for personnel taking the trip (with map overview)
2. Potential routes to and from the location for meetings during the trip
3. Overview of the area (i.e., crime statistics, weather, etc.)
4. Upcoming or recent significant events that may impact travel in the area
5. Information about other points of interest located near the facility (restaurants for lunches and reviews etc.)
6. Other information discovered by the analyst, at their discretion, that would aid the personnel taking the trip