In this assignment you will finalize your plan for the proposed healthcare facility by incorporating your work from Weeks 1 through 4 along with new content as described below Combine the work that you did in Units 1-4 IP to construct your final plan and add the addition content on Quality as described below. Your final paper should be 7-10 pages including the two new pages of content from your research on quality this week. This assignment has two parts:
- Plan for your proposed healthcare facility
- Reflection on what you have accomplished in completing your course of student by your work in this capstone course and what skills you will continue to develop and improve on as you begin or advance in your career in healthcare management.
Part 1: Plan for proposed healthcare facilityYou have been asked to present your plan for the proposed health care facility to the Board of Directors. Based on your previous assignments, you are to develop a proposal as a written paper that includes the following:
- The type of health care facility (Week 1)
- Discuss the type of facility that you are recommending and the rationale behind your recommendation. For example, if you chose an ambulatory care facility, explain the reasons why this type of facility would be recommended over another type.
- Discuss the type of health care delivery and services that are provided at the facility.
- Discuss the type of staff that will work in the facility. Specify the position categories and/or titles for these positions and include what are the credentials or licensures required by these positions in the state in which you live where you proposed facility would be located.
- Financing the organization (Week 2)
- Discuss the method(s) of reimbursement that you believe will work best for the health care facility that you have proposed to be developed, and explain why you chose that method.
- Discuss the pros and cons of the reimbursement method(s) you chose.
- Discuss the impact that the method(s) may have on the financial operations of the facility that you chose.
- Medical technology (Week 3)
- Discuss the financial and health benefits that can be realized by implementing an electronic health record (EHR).
- Discuss the estimated cost of implementing an EHR and the estimated cost of managing an EHR over the long run.
- Discuss current security concerns surrounding health information technology (HIT) and the EHR.
- Discuss how electronic health records can be used for decision-making and problem-solving.
- Choose 1 piece of federal legislation, e.g., HIPAA, HITECH Act, Meaningful Use), and discuss the requirements that legislation imposes on the use of HIT and the EHR.
- Ethical and legal considerations (Week 4)
- Discuss an accrediting body that will provide accreditation to the facility you are proposing.
- Discuss the ethical or legal requirements and responsibilities that a health care organization has in ensuring that its facility is licensed, certified, and accredited. When discussing licensure requirements, ensure that you research requirements based on the state in which you reside.
- When discussing licensure requirements, ensure that you research requirements based on the state in which you reside.
- Quality measures (Week 5) (This will be a new section as part of your project)
- Research and describe at least 2 measures that you plan to use in your facility that are currently used to gauge quality in health care.
- Identify how data for these measures will be collected and analyzed.
- Set realistic benchmarks for each proposed measurement, and explain the rationale behind the benchmarks that you set.
Note: You should include a minimum of 3 references with the new content for Week 5 combined with the references used for the work done in Units 1-4.
- All sources should be cited using APA format.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format should be correct and professional.
Part 2: Reflection on what you have learned and what you will work on to continue to develop as a healthcare management professional. Write a 1 page reflection on the following:
- As you complete the course and your degree program and look forward to advancing your career in healthcare management, what are the skills and competencies that you feel you have developed and what are the ones that you will need to continue to work on? How do you plan to improve upon your skills and continue to develop competencies in healthcare management?