Read the Focus on Ethics: Ethics of Motivation and Strategies in Chapter 9 of Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
Then, write a 2-4-page paper aJO
Answer the following questions:
- Although there were some legal ramifications for what Hooters did, were the actions toward the waitresses also unethical?
- Were the waitresses lied to? If so, is lying to employees unethical?
- What about the motivating strategy of allowing employees to rip the shirts of other employees off? Is humiliating employees ethical?
- How is it ethical to promise money or other compensation to students for studying hard? What if the losing students actually studied harder than the winner, but the winner only did well because he/she happened to be brighter? How would giving that student the money be fair to the students who studied harder?
- The motivation techniques had the desired results by increasing sales or decreasing the use of paper, but how does that outweigh any negative consequences of such motivators?
Adhere to the following standards:
- Your paper should be two to four pages in length, not including the title or reference pages.
- Be sure to follow APA Guidelines
- Your paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Support your interpretation with evidence from the book and at least two peer-reviewed journal articles from the library.