In order to help make better decisions regarding risk assessment data, senior management at YieldMore has requested quantitative information relating to key information technology (IT) assets.
You, as an employee of YieldMore, have been given a task of providing quantitative risk assessment information to senior management.
1. Estimate the value of at least five key IT assets in the organization.
2. Be sure you consider direct and indirect financial and business impact of the IT assets.
3. Calculate the single loss expectancy (SLE) of the IT assets. (For this exercise, you will need to estimate this value.)
4. Calculate the annual rate of occurrence (ARO) for risk associated with the IT assets. (For this exercise, you will need to estimate this value.)
5. Calculate the annual loss expectancy (ALE) of the IT assets.