Select two works of art, each from a different movement. Please use the following:
1. Impressionist Movement- The Dance Lesson, Edgar Degas, 1879 Oil on canvas, 38 x 88 cm. Retrieved from https://www.nga.gov/collection/art-object-page.930…
2. Arts and Crafts Movement- The Kiss, 1908, Gustav Klimt, Oil on canvas, 180 x 180 cm. Retrieved from http://www.klimt.com/en/gallery/women.html
In your paper,
- Describe these two works of art by applying at least three questions art historians ask and four words art historians use.
- Explain how iconographic, historical, political, philosophical, religious, and social factors of the movements are reflected in each work of art.
- Include images of both works of art in an appendix at the end of your paper.
Your paper must be three to five pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages and images.
note: The text book for this class is: Kleiner, F. S. (2017). Gardner’s art through the ages: The Western perspective (15th ed., Vol. II).
Attached is the Assignment sample.