The Discussion Forum assignments consist of questions about the course reading and lecture material.
Students will type a response to the questions, demonstrating comprehension of the reading and lecture material, and the ability to apply and articulate course concepts and ideas in relation to a historical example.
Students can also include reflections and insights from personal or familial cultural knowledge.
The format of your response should consist of 250 plus words, composed in properly arranged paragraphs, and, ideally, following the basic essay structure:
- Include an intro statement or paragraph; like a summary of ideas or intro to the material to be covered.
- Two or more body paragraphs to explain key ideas, concepts, histories, cultural details, etc. to answer your chosen question.
- Include a concluding statement or paragraph with a reflection on the material you covered or new insights for further research.
You are not obligated to follow this format, and creativity is most appreciated, but if you need a place to start on the path to completing the course successfully, the basic essay structure guide above is ideal.
I have attached Chapter 1 and lecture slides in the file which will help with this assignment.
Discussion Forum 1 Question
For this weeks forum, there is only one question composed of two parts:
- Identify and describe one of the four basic tenets of critical race theory addressed in both the reading material and the lecture slide material.
- Provide an example of the concepts or contentions that your chosen tenet theoretically entails.