There are two article! One is in the attached article, “Educational intervention improves fruit and vegetable intake in young adults with metabolic syndrome components” & Definition of a Research Article: https://penandthepad.com/definition-research-article-2711.html
You will be reading specific parts of the article and answering the questions below!
- Notice the educational institutions associated with the article’s contributors.
- Please read the entire abstract for this article.
- Read the first paragraph of the Introduction.
- Under “Methods and Materials”, read the first paragraph of the subsections titled
- Research Design
- Diet Intervention
- Outcome measures
- Under the “Results” section, read the first sentence of the subsections titled
- Diet and Clinical
- Under the “Discussion” section read the first paragraph of the subsections titled
- “Diet Intervention”
- Notice the Reference list
Please answer the following questions:
- Where the researchers associated with reputable institutions. Why?
- What did you learn from reading the abstract? Please tell me in your own words what the researchers were trying to find out with this study. I expect this answer to contain at least 100 words.
- What did the first paragraph of the introduction tell you? How does this apply to what we’ve been learning about Metabolic Syndrome?
- In Methods and Materials:
- For their research design, why did the researchers need to obtain ethical approval from West Virginia University?
- What did the researchers expect of their participants for diet intervention? What if a participant was “non compliant”?
- What did the researcher obtain from the participants as part of outcome measures?
- In the results section, participants were non compliant for two things, what were they? There were 5 participants for whom the microbiome analysis could not be done. Why?
- In the first paragraph and second paragraph 4.1 in the Discussion section, what did the researchers find as far as fruit and vegetable consumption of their participants? When the researchers discussed the microbiome in paragraph 4.2, what did they say about the pre and post results?