Workshop Plan Part 1
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the Multigenerational Center Activity (Links to an external site.) and the Real-Life Challenges in Education (Links to an external site.) interactive.
Workshop Proposal In your Final Project, imagine that your supervisor at the Multigenerational Center has requested a proposal for a workshop to be presented, by you, at the Center. Your Workshop Plan will be a topic of your choice based on your field of study and the needs of your audience. You will use the Ashford University Multigenerational Center Activity from Week 1 to understand your audience and to choose a topic for your workshop. Your supervisor has requested that you use a specific Summative Template to ensure that all components are comprehensively addressed. Since this is a substantial project for a new employee, your supervisor (instructor) will review major components of your proposal before your final submission.
Assignment Directions There are multiple parts to this assignment. You will work on components of this assignment in Weeks 3, 4 and 5 using the provided Summative Template. Please be sure to review the template completely, as well the due dates, to ensure that you are addressing your supervisors request in a timely manner. Parts of the assignment described below correspond to sections in the template. See a completed Summative Template with Flyer example.
Part 1A: Workshop Details Use the Summative Template, and fill out this section due in Week 3. Determine the name and the objective of your workshop. Be sure to create a title that will be enticing as well as meet the needs of your specific audience. Your title should reflect the workshop content, so you are sure to address your targeted audience. Using your field of study (BAECE)determine the objective of the workshop. Your supervisor requests that you support your workshop topic with a relevant theory based on your field of study. You will research major theories in your field of study and include how your chosen theory supports your content choice. You will post the workshop details in the Week 4 discussion next week. Your supervisor (instructor) will include instructive feedback for you to make changes before the final submission. You will incorporate these suggestions into your final draft due in Week 5.
· Workshop Title (Your title should convey the objective of the Workshop. If it does not include 2-3 sentences explaining it.)
· Explanation of Workshop (This should be at least one paragraph.)
· Workshop Objective/Purpose (This should be at least one paragraph.)
· Description of your target audience (program specific) (This should be at 2-3 sentences.)
· An explanation of theory that supports your workshop content.
· ( This should be 2 paragraphs. You must include at least one reference to support your explanation.)
· Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
Part 1B: Workshop Flyer Use the Summative Template, and fill out this section due in Week 3. Your supervisor would like you to create a flyer to begin generating interest for your upcoming workshop. However, since this document will be displayed throughout the center, your supervisor requested you share it with your peers at the center for feedback before public display. The one-page flyer can be completed in Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, or Canva.com (Links to an external site.) (free tool). Canva has a Tutorials (Links to an external site.) page to help you get started. Save the file as a PDF, and submit to the Week 3 discussion forum for peer feedback. You must also submit the revised version in your Week Three Workshop Plan Part One Written Assignment. Here is the Summative Flyer example.
Your Flyer will include
· The title of the workshop that will be presented at the Ashford Multigenerational Center.
· The objective/purpose of the workshop.
· The target audience (who should attend).
· Your name (as the presenter).
· Time, date, and place.
· An image to represent the content.
· Colorful and engaging content.
Buczynski, S., & Hansen, C. B. (2014). The change leader in education: Roles and strategies in the differentiated environment. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
· Section 8.1: Understanding Adult-Learning Theory
o Reading this section will prepare you for the Final Project. Preparation and work on this assignment begin in Week 3.
Shean, A. (Ed.). (2012). The final step: A capstone in education. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
· Section 3.1: Learning Theory for Teaching
o Reading this section will prepare you for the first part of the Final Project about Theory. Preparation and work on this assignment begin in Week 3.
Ashford University. (2017). Real-life challenges in education (Links to an external site.) [Interactivity]. Retrieved from https://scorm-iad-prod.insops.net/
· This interactive provides information about real life challenges in education. This interactive will assist you with the Workshop Flyer discussion and Workshop Plan assignment.